Investor FAQs

Have questions about BUSE stock or need information about your holdings? Browse Busey’s Investor Relations FAQs to find answers. For more information, you can contact us at or our stock transfer agent, Computershare, at

Show All

General Information

Where is First Busey Corporation's common stock listed?

Our common stock is listed on the Nasdaq under the symbol BUSE.

For more detailed stock information, please visit our Stock Information page.

How can I find information on the analysts that cover First Busey Corporation?

To see a list of Analysts, please visit our Analyst Coverage / Estimates page.

Can I receive Email alerts from First Busey Corporation?

Yes. To sign up for Email alerts on our Events, Documents, Press Releases and closing stock price information, visit our Subscribe/Contact Page.

Who is First Busey Corporation’s stock transfer agent?

Computershare is the transfer agent for BUSE stock.

How can I request additional information from First Busey Corporation?

You can contact us via our Information Request page.

What is the contact info for Computershare?

Registered shareholders may contact the stock transfer agent by:


P.O. Box 43006
Providence, RI 02940-3078

Registered or Overnight Delivery:

150 Royall St., Suite 101
Canton, MA 02021


Call 866.392.9220. Computershare’s interactive voice response system provides many of the same services available on their website and is accessible toll free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You also may contact a customer service representative using the toll-free number during business hours from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Central Time, Monday through Friday.

Online Inquiry:

Can I buy or sell stock directly without going through a broker?

Existing shareholders and non-shareholders may request direct stock purchase program materials from Computershare.

How can I hold shares of BUSE stock?

Registered Shares appear on the share register of outstanding shares of First Busey Corporation kept by our stock transfer agent, Computershare. The share register is used to determine shareholders of record as of a specific date, such as in connection with payment of dividends and eligibility to vote at a meeting of shareholders. Registered shares may be held in certificate form or in book-entry form through the Direct Registration System. Our registered shareholder group includes individuals, corporations, trusts, banks and brokers/nominees that hold shares for the benefit of others. First Busey has access to the registered share records through our transfer agent. Dividends on these shares are paid to the holder of record directly by Computershare.

Street Shares are shares held in the name of a broker or nominee for the benefit of someone else. Recordkeeping for the beneficial owners of these street shares are the responsibility of the broker/nominee and do not appear on the registered records of the company. Dividends on street shares are paid to the broker/nominee listed as the registered holder of the shares. The broker/nominee then distributes dividends to the beneficial owners.

Who can answer questions about my share ownership?

If you hold Registered Shares, direct questions about the following matters to our stock transfer agent, Computershare. Through Computershare, you can access the following:

  • your account information
  • name and/or address changes
  • stock certificates, including issuance, transfer or replacement of a lost certificate
  • dividends (including tax reporting of dividend income)
  • tax basis for shares
  • participation in the direct stock purchase plan administered by Computershare for First Busey Corporation

If you hold Street Shares (through a broker/nominee), questions about your account information and options available should be directed to your broker.

Can I access my shareholder account information online?

If your shares are held directly at Computershare, the stock transfer agent’s Investor Center and Transfer Wizard websites are available to manage and maintain your account/s online, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

The services available online for non-business entity accounts include:

  • Viewing your account details, account balances, and transactions history
  • Changing your address
  • Certifying your tax identification number
  • Selling shares
  • Signing up for direct deposit of your dividend payments
  • Signing up for dividend reinvestment
  • Enrolling in a Direct Stock Purchase Plan
  • Retrieving duplicate tax forms
  • Enrolling in online delivery of proxy or other shareholder related material
  • Viewing instructions on transferring shares
  • Downloading applicable forms
  • Accessing stock quotes and price history

To register online go to and click “Create Login.” The ticker symbol will be BUSE.

Where can I obtain commonly requested account forms?

You can find commonly requested account forms on Computershare’s Printable Forms page.

How do I sell my shares of BUSE common stock?

If your shares are held at Computershare, please contact Computershare at 866.392.9220. If your shares are held at a brokerage firm, please contact your broker directly.

How do I request a stock certificate?

Contact Computershare at 866.392.9220 to request a stock certificate be issued.

How do I replace a lost or stolen stock certificate?

Contact Computershare at 866.392.9220 to request the necessary paperwork and fees associated with the replacement.


Does the company pay dividends?

The Board of Directors of the company considers dividend action quarterly at meetings held typically in April, July, October and January. Visit our Stock Splits & Dividends page for more information about cash dividends paid by the company.

Does the company offer dividend reinvestment?

Yes. Registered Shareholders can sign up for dividend reinvestment by contacting our stock transfer agent, Computershare.

How do I set up Direct Deposit for my dividend payment?

Direct Deposit is when funds are electronically deposited directly into your bank account rather than through a paper check.

If you have already enrolled in Computershare’s Investor Center and choose to set your account up for Direct Deposit, you can follow these steps:

  • Log onto the Investor Center
  • Go to “View and Update your Profile” and then click on Banking details.
  • Select your specific holding from the drop down.
  • At the bottom of the page, select a "Payment Method”. Choose the option that applies to your situation.
  • You will then be asked to provide your banking information.

Alternatively, you can also complete the Direct Deposit form attached to your dividend check.

I am missing my dividend check, how can I replace it?

To view the status of or replace your dividend and/or sales check, follow the instructions below. Please note that dividend checks are mailed on or about the dividend payable date.

  • Go to
  • Log in with your User ID and Password or, if you are a first-time user, click "Register now" to immediately become an active user.
  • Once logged in, click the “Activity” link located on the top of the page.
  • Click on the Dividend & Payments tab.  
  • All issued checks will be listed below with their status.
    • Unpresented = Check has been issued and mailed and has not been cashed yet. (If more than 10 business days have passed you may replace the check by clicking "Replace Check" from the Actions drop menu to the right of the check.)
    • Paid = Check was cashed.
    • Replaced = A replacement check was requested and has been mailed.

If the dividend check is not listed, then you may not have held shares as of the record date for the dividend or the payable date has not yet been reached.

Please note that there may be a charge from Computershare for replacement checks.

What are the key dividend dates?

Dividend Calculation Date: The date in which the stock transfer agent compiles the list of holders on the Dividend Record Date. Any processing that occurs after this date—including items backdated, will not be picked up as eligible for the dividend.

Declaration Date: The date on which a company announces an upcoming dividend payment, usually by issuing a press release a few weeks before the dividend is actually paid.

Dividend Record Date: A dividend record date is the date on which the company finalizes the list of investors who qualify as "shareholders of record." Investors listed as shareholders of record will receive the firm's dividend payment.

Ex-Dividend Date: After the record date has been determined, then the ex-dividend date is assigned. The ex-dividend date for stocks is typically two business days prior to the record date. If an investor buys a stock before the ex-dividend date, then he or she will receive the dividend payment. If an investor purchases the stock on or after the ex-dividend date, then he or she is not entitled to receive the dividend.

Mail Date: Mail date is the date Computershare lodges the distributions with the post office. In most cases, the mail date coincides with payable date. If a company elects to mail prior to payable date, the company should fund the check portion of the dividend on mail date.

Payment Date: A dividend payable date is the date on which a company pays a dividend to its shareholders of record.

Share Allocation Date: 3 days after payable date. Subject to plan terms.

Statement Mail Date: 5 days after payable date. Subject to plan terms.


How do I transfer my shares to another owner or change the registration?

Please note that changing an address will limit a shareholder’s ability to submit a sale request for up to 10 days during this period.

If you would like to change the address on your account, you can sign onto Computershare’s Investor Center. If you do not currently have an online account, registering for one is simple. Once you sign on, click “My Profile” and select “Address Change.”

You can also change the address on your account through Computershare’s Investor Center.

For Account Holders: Once the address has been changed you will receive the confirmation screen indicating that the address change has been successfully completed along with a reference number.

For Authorized Representatives: Once the address has been changed you will receive confirmation that the address has been captured and will be reflected on the printable transfer form that is created after you complete the transfer process. The completed form must be submitted for processing in order to finalize the address change.

What is an authorized representative?

An authorized representative is a person that is authorized to act on behalf of a shareholder. Some examples of authorized representatives include an administrator, executor/executrix or guardian.

What is a W-9 Tax Form?

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) requires shareholders who have a US Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)—either an Employer Identification Number (EIN) or Social Security Number (SSN)—to provide that number to each company for which they own shares. They require certification of the EIN or SSN by completion of Form W-9. Computershare must have certification of your number on file otherwise taxes will be withheld from any distribution made to you.

What is a W-8BEN?

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) requires non-US shareholders to identify themselves to each company for which they own shares. They require this notice by completion of Form W-8BEN. This form will prevent standard US withholding tax rates from applying. It may allow non-US persons and entities to qualify for a reduced tax rate if the country of origin has a favorable tax treaty with the US. If you are a non-US shareholder, Computershare must have certification of your foreign status.

What is a Medallion Signature Guarantee and why is it required?

A Medallion Signature Guarantee protects shareholder accounts from unauthorized transactions. It mandates that a qualified financial institution (commercial bank, savings bank, savings and loan, US stockbroker or credit union) reviews the proper legal documents, witnesses your signature, and guarantees that you are the appropriate signator. If you require a Medallion Signature Guarantee, contact a bank, brokerage house or other financial institution with which you do business. Please note that if you are not the registered owner, you will be required to present documentation to the guarantor proving your authorization to execute the transfer. Busey Bank participates in the Medallion Stamp program. Please call or visit your local Busey service center or contact Busey Customer Care at 800.672.8739.

What types of registrations are available for me to transfer shares?

The most common types of registrations that you can transfer shares to are listed below.

Individual: Individual accounts are registered under the name of 1 person.

Joint Tenant: Joint Tenant (aka. Joint Tenant with Right of Survivorship) accounts are registered under the names of 2 or more persons. If you choose to add more than three names on the new account, you will be unable to use Transfer Wizard. Please complete a printable Transfer of Ownership Form.

Custodial Account: Custodial accounts are investment accounts registered under both the name of a minor and a custodian authorized to act on the minor's behalf.

Depending on the state, the account will be governed by the rules of the Uniform Gifts To Minors Act (UGMA) or the Uniform Transfer To Minors Act (UTMA). The state on a custodial registration must remain under the original state even when stock is transferred.

The District of Columbia allows custodial registrations. DC is the state abbreviation. Puerto Rico does not allow custodial accounts for minors.

Foreign shareholders may set up a "custodial-style" account, however these accounts are not governed by UGMA or UTMA rules or protections. These accounts would usually use a Guardian-type registration.

Trust: Trust accounts are registered in the name of a trust, with 1 or more trustees listed. The name and date of the trust should also be included. An example of a trust registration is as follows: Joe Shareholder and Mary Shareholder TR UA 01/01/2008 Shareholder Family Trust. If you choose to add more than two trustees on the new account, you will be unable to use Transfer Wizard. Please complete a printable Transfer of Ownership Form.

Estate: Estate accounts are registered in the name of the estate of the deceased shareholder, with 1 or more Executors listed. If you choose to add more than two executors on the new account, you will not be able to use Transfer Wizard. Please complete a printable Transfer of Ownership Form.

Transfer on Death: Transfer On Death (TOD) (aka. Beneficiary) accounts are registered to an Individual or Joint Account, with a beneficiary named to whom shareholders would transfer in the event the shareholder(s) death. The account will avoid probate, provided the beneficiary survives all shareholders. If you choose to register the new account in a Joint Tenant account with a beneficiary, you will be unable to use Transfer Wizard. Please complete a printable Transfer of Ownership Form.

The named shareholder(s) still retain complete control over their account and may change or remove the beneficiary at any time without the consent of the beneficiary. Upon death of all of the shareholders, followed by the completion of a transfer request, assets in the account do not pass to the decedent's estate, and instead pass directly to the surviving beneficiary. If there is no surviving beneficiary, the securities are considered the property of the estate of the owner, or the last surviving owner if there were multiple owners.

Tax Reporting

How do I determine my cost basis?

Cost basis is the original value of an asset for tax purposes, used to determine capital gain, which is equal to the difference between the asset’s cost basis and the current market value.

To find the cost basis of your BUSE stock held directly at Computershare, go to the “Activity” tab of your Investor Center account, click on “Transactions” and then select the company. By clicking “View Details” the cost basis for that particular transaction will appear and can then be exported, if needed. If you are not able to find this information within your Investor Center account, please reach out to Computershare or First Busey for further support.

If your shares are held with a brokerage house, contact your broker for cost basis details.

When will I receive my tax reporting forms?

If your shares are held at Computershare, the Form 1099-DIV is attached to your fourth quarter dividend check.

If you sold shares of BUSE common stock during the year, a Form 1099-B is issued and mailed from Computershare by January 31 the following year.

For duplicate tax forms or further questions, please contact Computershare at 866.392.9220. If your shares are held at a brokerage firm, contact your broker directly.